Resourcefulness Report | Itron

2019 ITRON RESOURCEFULNESS INSIGHT REPORT

Disaster Preparedness

Disasters are becoming more frequent—and increasingly costly. Learn consumer and utility perceptions about disaster preparedness and explore technology that helps.

Different Perspectives

87% of consumers have been impacted by some type of disaster in the past five years—about 1/3 by extreme wind, extreme temperatures and flooding disasters. Most utilities (71%) feel equipped to handle disasters, but consumers aren’t so sure—only 35% are confident in their utilities’ ability to prepare for, respond to and recover from disaster.

Resourcefulness

Since 1970, disasters
worldwide have quadrupled

Resourcefulness

69% of utility execs and 55% of consumers more worried about disaster than 5 years ago

Resourcefulness

2018: 14 billion dollar-plus disasters in the U.S.

2018 ITRON RESOURCEFULNESS REPORT

Taking a Deeper Dive

Our 2019 report explores a dilemma uncovered in the 2018 Itron Resourcefulness Report: 57% of utility executives felt very or extremely prepared for disasters, which led us to wonder what was keeping the other 43% up at night? Why didn’t they feel as prepared? View more findings from the 2018 report below.

2018 Executive Summary

At Itron, we define resourcefulness as the wise and careful use of vital resources, particularly water and energy. It's about managing those resources efficiently and using them thoughtfully. And it's about delivering them reliably, safely and affordably.

In 2018, we surveyed consumers and utility executives to gauge the state of resourcefulness in our industry.

Download The Executive Summary

2018 Full Report

In the fourth edition of our resourcefulness survey, we explored the dynamic between utility leaders and informed consumers, provides insights into how the utility industry is evolving, and compares results to those from previous reports.

Download The Full Report

Video + Infographic

See the highlights of the 2018 report in our video to the left, or download the infographic today.

Download The Infographic

PREVIOUS REPORTS

2016 Itron Resourcefulness Index

Download

2015 Itron Resourcefulness Index

Download

2013 Itron Resourcefulness Index

Download