LIBERTY LAKE, Wash. — Sept. 25, 2018 — Itron, Inc. (NASDAQ: ITRI), which is innovating the way utilities and cities manage energy and water, will bring together industry leaders, technology visionaries and peers at Itron Utility Week in Scottsdale, Arizona to discuss the challenges and opportunities facing today’s utilities and smart cities.
The annual event features nearly 1,000 leaders from across the globe, providing the opportunity for attendees to gain valuable insights to maximize the potential of their systems, resources and technology.
What: Itron Utility Week 2018 includes over 90 breakout sessions, several thought-provoking keynotes, countless networking opportunities and access to the Knowledge Center—a showcase of Itron’s comprehensive solutions and partner offerings.
When: Sept. 28-Oct. 5, 2018, including the Knowledge Conference, Itron Utility Week’s main event, Sept. 30-Oct. 2.
Where: Fairmont Scottsdale Princess in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Who: Keynote speakers at Itron Utility Week include:
- Luis Frisby, vice president - Central Arizona Division, Southwest Gas Corporation
- David Graham, deputy COO, City of San Diego Dr. Tasha Eurich, self-awareness expert motivational speaker
- Philip Mezey, Itron president and CEO
- Marina Donovan, Itron vice president of global marketing and public affairs
Additional event activities:
- Industry Awards: During the opening general session on Monday, Frost & Sullivan will announce this year’s winners of the Excellence in Resourcefulness Awards for Energy and Water.
- Women in Utilities Reception: On Monday afternoon, we will celebrate the women that drive our industry forward, featuring three dynamic and inspiring speakers who work in the utility industry.
- Big Pictures Session: This year’s big picture session, “New Business Models to Fund and Activate Smart Cities,” will focus on how technology is essential to modernizing cities, improving services for citizens, creating new economic opportunities and building resourceful communities This session will bring together industry leaders to discuss the opportunities and challenges of new smart city business models, including public-private partnerships, utility provided services to cities and economic opportunities for all stakeholders.
- Breakout Sessions: Tailored breakout sessions provide the opportunity to hear from fellow utility peers, Itron employees, partners and other industry leaders who understand the issues you face and can share best practices and lessons learned. Session tracks include Analytics & Advanced Applications, Data Management, Mobile & Measurement Solutions and Multi-Purpose Networks.
- Training and Users’ Forums: Both before and after the conference, attendees can participate in hands-on training sessions to better understand the depth and breadth of Itron’s core technologies. Additionally, the Itron Users’ Forums offer an open discussion with Itron product experts and utility peers to share experience and knowledge.
A full list of breakout sessions is available here.
To keep up with live updates throughout the conference, follow the Itron blog, visit Itron Facebook page for livestreamed content or follow #IUW18. For more information about Itron Utility Week, visit www.itron.com/iuw.
Itron enables utilities and cities to safely, securely and reliably deliver critical infrastructure services to communities in more than 100 countries. Our portfolio of smart networks, software, services, meters and sensors helps our customers better manage electricity, gas and water resources for the people they serve. By working with our customers to ensure their success, we help improve the quality of life, ensure the safety and promote the well-being of millions of people around the globe. Itron is dedicated to creating a more resourceful world. Join us: www.itron.com.
Itron® and OpenWay® are registered trademarks of Itron, Inc. All third-party trademarks are property of their respective owners and any usage herein does not suggest or imply any relationship between Itron and the third party unless expressly stated.
For additional information, contact:
Senior Public Relations Manager
(509) 891 3802